Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Windy City

We found out the hard way why they call Wellington - The Windy City. We drove to the downtown area for the first time, parking near the water. Natalie opened her door to get out of the car, and I thought she was going to get blown into the bay. I leaped out to help her, by now her hood was completely obscuring her face. My shirt flew up, but I managed to grab her arm. I then covered my belly again and we started to lean at a 45 degree angle to make our way down the sidewalk. Jeff observed the whole scene from the car and has not laughed that hard in 10 years. I almost suggested we head home as this wind was clearly extreme. As we made our way to town, we got a bit of relief, as we gained some protection. Jeff asked a local if this was unusual weather. "No, just a bit of a breeze." she replied. People were jogging, swimming, and getting on with their day when I thought we had been facing down a hurricane!








1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete