Friday, January 22, 2016

Junior Kayak

Natalie has not done much kayaking, so we were thrilled that there was a junior kayak leaning up against our house. Jeff and I lugged it across the street and Jeff lifted her in. She basically paddled in circles for the first 10 minutes. She finally figured it out after a lesson from her Dad and took off. Jeff had to swim after her in the freezing water to get her to turn around.

Next it was my turn. So I hopped on the kayak only to discover that my bum was too wide to fit in the junior kayak (yes I am going to remind you that it was a small kayak). I did not need that kind of wide load validation. So, only Natalie got to kayak. And this boat was old school, so we all got a bit of left over fiberglass in our fingers and arms. Fortunately, Grandpapa (Jeff's Dad) used to work with fiberglass and so Jeff knew that duct tape helped to pull it out.Thank goodness for that roll of Minion duct tape we brought.






Image result for minion duct tape

No comments:

Post a Comment