Sunday, January 3, 2016

Art and Indian Food

It is the second rainy day in a row, so we head for the local art museum. The Maori portraits are amazing with detailed tattoos on the face (for men) or chin (for women) that signify a chief or high ranking person. We also found busts of Greek Gods and Goddesses, which thrilled Jeff and Natalie since it related to the Percy Jackson book she has been reading for the "School of Dad", that's what we call Natalie's homeschool. They even made up God names for themselves: God of Beer for Jeff and Goddess of Flatulence for Natalie. I am Goddess of Chocolate and ziplocks (sliders only please).

Next we head to a restaurant that we estimate is 9 blocks away. Wet and getting tired, Jeff finds me in a weak moment and suggests an Indian spot we happen upon. Looking for shelter from the storm, I give in and we all take a seat. I was reluctant, but hungry (have I mentioned I am not an adventurous eater?). The butter chicken curry was divine. Natalie and I devoured it, asking for more of the delicious Naan. The waitress laughed out loud when Jeff ordered his very hot. She down graded him to "medium hot" and he was so happy she did. Sometimes weak moments lead to delicious endings.





A bit windy?



1 comment: