Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A nice nap

After arriving at our apartment in Auckland, New Zealand, which overlooks a 19th century cemetery, I promptly fell asleep for 2 hours. Nothing says I am an adventurer like a nice nap. Jeff and Natalie took this opportunity to walk downtown, scope out the grocery store, and get some much needed kiwi dollars. Later we lucked into Taco Tuesday (can't beat $3 tacos - yum).

Today Jeff and Natalie gave me a tour of downtown complete with fresh ham and cheese rolls from the local bakery, a picnic lunch at Albert park, and about a thousand photo ops of the Sky Tower. My loving husband gave me a massage at an Auckland spa for Christmas, which felt like the height of indulgence after a 14 hour flight. We have fallen in love with the city. (We have only been here a day and a half and Jeff has already had 2 $5 Turkish kabobs.)












No comments:

Post a Comment